

Wednesday February 18th was the Grand Opening for Pita Jungle. Previously this week I handed out invitations to this event. During the day on Wednesday I had a list of things to do. Some of the jobs I had to do was picking up things needed for the event. I went to Anton Sports to pick up tank tops that said Pita Jungle on them. When I arrived at Anton Sports I was immediately helped by more than one person. The service there was great and they made me feel comfortable. They got the shirts and the bill for me to give to Joe. They wished us luck for the opening later on. Then I was off to pick up a media wall from Blue Media. Again I had received great service. At Blue Media they helped me load the media wall into my car. Since everything went so well I will keep these companies in mind for future references.
I met Joe and Lhena at the restaurant an hour before the opening began. When I got there it was already busy which was a great sign. We had planned to have a red carpet entrance, a media wall for photos and a DJ come in but last minute corporate did not want that for the image of their restaurant so we canceled the red carpet, the DJ and the media wall stayed in my car. I felt bad for the owners of the restaurant because they wanted the DJ, red carpet, and the media wall but I do understand corporate wanting to keep their image. Since we had to cancel the carpet, media wall and the DJ we did not have much to set up. We mingled with others and ate their humus which was very good! I met a lot of people that night that which is good for networking. All in all the restaurant was packed the whole night long which was the ultimate goal. I was able to network and the restaurant was able to promote and had a successful night of business!
Leah, I think it's awesome that you are getting so many opportunities to network. I think that is one of the most important things we can do as students and interns, is to make our names and faces familiar to the people in our communities and professions who can help us get ahead in our future careers.
ReplyDelete